Insurance Producer Job Description
MRG Construction Risk Management
Madison Risk Group (MRG) is a leading insurance brokerage firm dedicated to the construction industry that is based in King of Prussia, PA. MRG delivers a strategy to improve our clients safety and drive down their costs which ultimately leads to being more competitive at the bid table. Our Blueprint is your success! MRG employees are construction risk management specialists with a deep knowledge of all things related to construction risk management. We have experienced rapid growth and are now hiring an Insurance Producer to keep us growing. If you’re excited to be part of a winning team, that promotes from within, and gives every employee a voice, then MRG is a perfect place to get ahead. You’ll be glad you applied to MRG.
- 1-3 Years of insurance brokerage experience preferably with a background that had some focus on the construction industry
- A college degree is preferred – High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid Property / Casualty insurance license
- A thorough understanding of commercial insurance coverages and underwriting procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present in front of clients and prospects
Responsibilities for Insurance Producer
- Ability to network and develop leads
- Use lead lists to establish contact and schedule appointments
- Meet with prospective clients
- Meet with existing clients to perform annual reviews & ask for referrals.
- Must conduct phone prospecting, face-to-face prospecting and through social media efforts
- Conduct sales presentation with the intent of selling an insurance program – not a policy.
- Solicit referrals from clients
Qualifications for Insurance Producer
- Meet state continuing education requirements
- Above average analytical skills to determine prospective client needs